Let’s be Frank… The Start of a Dancer's Journey

Friday, June 10, 2016

Being a person who wasn’t talented nor wealthy enough to go to drama school, like many others I headed off to a standard university where I’d hope to gain a degree, enough skills and money to complete a masters at a more reputable institute.

In terms of technique, I’m relatively capable. My flexibility isn’t appalling, I’m comfortable teaching people and choreographing many styles of dance and yet I constantly under-achieve during assessments.

To be brutally honest, I know this is down to my weight. Most professional dancers today are about two stone lighter than myself and extremely strong, not to mention incredibly flexible and have excellent technique. But despite the latter facts, it has become clear to me that my lecturer will not take me seriously unless I slim down and strengthen up – the only thing standing between me and my 1st class honours degree.
And so, after my first week at home and first week of my summer, I’ve decided that the only way I’ll be able to take myself seriously as a performer and reach my goals is to physically document everything I do. So here’s to losing two stone and being hench as f… 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Documenting everything you helps a lot! for me, it helped in terms of self-discipline. Wish you good luck with all you do :)

    I am following your blog via Bloglovin, hope you follow me back

    thisblogbelongstosabi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Recent images

Recent images
Follow

Subscribe